Making New Years’ resolutions can get old and is not always exciting. This year, try making resolutions that will bring some adventure and fun into your life. Let’s make this year one for the books. Here are 11 fun resolutions you can make this year.
- Compliment someone every day. This will make the person you compliment feel good and in return will make you feel good. Giving compliments is easy. It may even spark a conversation.
- Travel somewhere you have always wanted to go. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? If you can, make a goal to get to that place. Go see the Eiffel Tower in France or the pyramids in Egypt. You don’t have to travel internationally though to make it a fun adventure. You can even choose somewhere close to you that you’ve never been before. Choose somewhere that you want to go and make it there. Take lots of pictures and make some wonderful memories.
- Go on a mini-adventure. If time or money won’t allow you to travel anywhere you want, plan a mini-adventure within your allowed time and budget. You could travel to the ice cave for an afternoon or take a whole weekend to go camping at the Grand Tetons. To make it more fun take your roommates or some really good friends.
- Go skydiving. If you are a thrill-seeker, this is for you. This may cost anywhere from $100-400. You can go by yourself, with a friend, or with a small group. The closest skydiving locations to Rexburg are in Boise, Idaho and Ogden, Utah.
- Try a new hobby. Any hobby that you have been wanting to try, you should make a resolution to try. You could try knitting, pottery, drawing, skateboarding, tennis, etc. There are so many new things to try. Choose a hobby that you have been interested in recently, do any research you need to, and go out and do it.
- Spend more time with friends. Make it a goal to block out some time in your busy schedule to hang out with some friends.
- Make some new friends. Find someone in one of your classes or your ward to make friends with. Invite them over for a game night or some other activity you are going to. Start a conversation about something you have in common.
- Learn to cook your favorite dish. Do you like to cook? Find a recipe for one of your favorite meals and make it. To make this even more fun, invite a friend or date to join you. You could even try a cultural dish from a place that you’ve always wanted to travel.
- Smile more. Spend more of your time smiling. Look up and smile at people on your way to class. Find reasons to smile when you are working on homework or at your job. You’d be surprised by all of the health benefits that smiling has.
- Laugh every day. Find a reason to laugh every day. Tell a joke to a roommate or have your roommate tell you a joke. Do something you enjoy.
- Dance like no one is watching. Stop worrying about what other people think and do something you love to do. Turn on some music and dance in the kitchen while you make dinner. Take a music/dancing break when you need to take a short break from all your homework.
This next year, find new ways to enjoy the little things in life and make it your best year yet. After 2020, we all need some good things right about now.